North Royalton is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. It is a suburb of Cleveland. The population was 30,444 at the United States Census 2010. Originally incorporated as a village in 1927, it achieved the status of city in 1961.
North Royalton was founded in 1818. Knight Sprague, an early settler, had the township named after his native town in Vermont, Royalton. Sometime between 1880 and 1890, the name of Royalton was changed to North Royalton because of another town in Ohio bearing the same name. On April 4, 1927, the township officially became the Village of North Royalton, and the first mayor, E. C. McCombs, was elected.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 21.32 square miles (55.22 km2), of which 21.31 square miles (55.19 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.