Middleburg Heights is a city and a suburb of Cleveland in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. The population held steady at approximately sixteen thousand throughout the first two decades of the twenty-first century.
Middleburg Heights is part of the historic Connecticut Western Reserve, which the State of Connecticut "Reserved" for their own purposes when in 1786 Connecticut relinquished claim to some of its western lands and ceded them to the new Federal Government. The first European settlers to the area that became Middleburg Township were Jared Hickcox and his family. They were originally from Waterbury, Connecticut.
The Village of Middleburg Heights was established in 1928.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 8.08 square miles (20.93 km2), of which 8.07 square miles (20.90 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.